Lauded by U.S. Secretary of Transportation Pete Buttigieg, SABA made headlines at COP 26
As the world united in Glasgow for COP 26, the Sustainable Aviation Buyers Alliance (SABA) hosted an event at the U.S. Center to announce a new Aviators Group and open up membership opportunities for public and private organizations to join SABA’s mission to advance sustainable aviation fuels.
Watch the Recording of “Leading the Way to the Future of Flight”
The event, called “Leading the Way to the Future of Flight”, opened with remarks from U.S. Secretary of Transportation Pete Buttigieg — followed by a panel discussion moderated by Environmental Defense Fund President Fred Krupp, featuring:
- Scott Kirby, CEO, United Airlines
- Diana Birkett-Rakow, Senior Vice President of Public Affairs and Sustainability, Alaska Airlines
- Kara Hurst, Vice President, Amazon; Head of Worldwide Sustainability
- Sharon Thorne, Chair, Global Board of Directors, Deloitte
- Harry Bowcott, Senior Partner, Travel, Transport & Logistics Practice, McKinsey & Company
Read about SABA’s COP 26 Announcements in the News
Wall Street Journal covered SABA’s new “Aviators Group” — launched by founding airlines Alaska Airlines, Amazon Air, United and JetBlue.
Reuters also covered the top airlines joining SABA, as well as the remarks from Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg.